Held from October 27 to October 30, 2005, Abilities Festival included:
- A variety of performance venues including two gala performances at the Glenn Gould Studio, an opening evening cabaret, three Luncheon Matinees and the Sunday Morning Show, all by performers with disabilities;
- A juried, international art exhibition by artists with disabilities called CONNECTIONS 2;
- Workshops and panels that provided networking opportunities for both professional and aspiring artists, promoted discussion and skill enhancement and engaged festival attendees;
- The Video Library where festival attendees viewed newly released films, as well as award-winning films from eight countries that were presented as part of PROJECTIONS: An International Disability Film Festival held in Toronto in June 2004, as well as new works;
- A full day program for school age children with disabilities that featured accomplished performers with disabilities; and
- “In Celebration of Our Children” an art and poetry exhibit that highlighted work by children with disabilities from across Ontario.